With 12+ years in the web design industry, we’ve personally found WordPress to be a superior website builder and content management system, offering the widest range of benefits for our clients. As Brisbane and Sunshine Coast web designers, we use and recommend WordPress for all your website needs. Read on for the top 5 benefits of using WordPress…
- Ease of use + flexibility
- Complete control + customisation
- Ability to add to site as business expands
- Reliable + secure
- Built for SEO
#1 | Ease of Use + Flexibility
One of the things our Brisbane web designers love about WordPress is how great it is to work with. There’s no doubt about it, WordPress is user-friendly and offers plenty of flexibility. A few examples include:
- Drag and drop templates
- Ability to easily add new pages, images, + content
- A backend dashboard that’s easy to navigate
- And much more…
#2 | Complete Control + Customisation
Another reason why web designers recommend WordPress over other options is because WordPress offers complete control and customisation.
Let us walk you through 3 common scenarios we often hear from new clients:
- Client Has No Control | new clients who come to us with old websites which have been built using complex technology that the client does not understand… This means the client is completely dependent on their web developer for any changes, which can come at a very steep cost.
- Website Is Not Customisable | when a client has tried to build a website themselves using a DIY templated platform… Often these templates are rigid. They don’t allow for the right customisation or integrations required for your website to effectively support your business!
- Not Transferable | most cheaper, DIY website platforms are offered cheap because you cannot move them. You’re locked in. This means, if you ever wish to leave your website provider, you cannot simply move your website as this is proprietary software. You need to start from scratch which can be costly + incredibly inconvenient. WordPress is 100% transferable between most different hosting providers.
With WordPress, the technology is friendly enough that clients can be shown how to make simple changes and edits if they wish. The client has complete control and ownership of their site.
At Web-Sta we’ve created tutorials so that our clients can learn how to use their WordPress dashboardgi. This gives them the option to make changes themselves. If our clients prefer for us to do this for them, we can do that too.
#3 | Ability to Add to Site As Business Expands
One of the cool things about WordPress from a client + a web designer perspective, is the ability for the site to grow with you.
Quite often our clients start with a basic website that includes home, services, and contact pages. As the business grows, we can then add additional pages and features such as a blog page, portfolio and case studies. We can even add more complex features such as online bookings or a shopping cart.
#4 | Reliable + Secure
WordPress is renowned for its reliability and security, and helps the team at Web-Sta, to keep all client information safe through fully managed hosting services. This ensures that each website is running at optimal performance, with comprehensive security monitoring.
#5 | Built For SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) + content marketing is arguably one of the most important activities to ensure your website is a successful business asset. When designed and optimised using key words, it allows for your website to be discovered through Google searches.
WordPress is also specifically designed to work with SEO marketing. While having a WordPress website alone won’t necessarily guarantee a ranking on Google’s first page, it does provide advantages. It also provides helpful measurement tools over other platforms when it comes to SEO activities.
WordPress | The Web Designer Choice Amongst Platforms
When it comes to building a website, the variety of options can be somewhat overwhelming! In addition to WordPress, there are platforms that offer DIY website platforms – like Squarespace and Wix. There are also domain hosting services such as GoDaddy and Crazy Domains. The options are endless, and it can be difficult to know which way to go.
However, after reading this Blog, you know some of the key reasons why WordPress is Web-Sta’s recommended web designer platform – and why it’s such a great choice for your business!