On the hunt for the best websites for Tradies around..? It’s no easy feat right!? Like other topics the information available can be overwhelming and contradictory. Established in 2006, and with many 100s of website builds under our belt, here’s 3 Imperative Tips to keep front of mind.
Your Website needs to:
- Appeal to Your Target Audience
- Promote your Unique Sales Proposition Professionally
- Be a Hassle Free Build Process so You Can Keep Building Your Business
A Website that Appeals to Your Target Audience
Having built 100s of new websites for tradie clients across various industries including cabinet making, asphalt and concrete, flooring, automotive, electrical, air conditioning and refrigeration, and industry innovative products… just to name a few, we’ve earned our stripes and loyal clients by building websites that work.
While there’s a lot of overlap with other sectors, the following features of website design are vital to ensure your tradie website is equipped to compete with the best.
- Concise, clear wording – keep it simple! People looking for tradie websites don’t necessarily want to be bombarded with information. Presenting content that is suitable for the over-viewer, as well as the detail-oriented searcher, is crucial. Using words and design to clearly outline the products and / or services you offer, along with clear direction on how they can engage you, it also very important. It can be the difference between attracting browsers only versus converting a browser into a prospective customer.
- Mobile responsiveness – when people call a tradesman they are often walking around their home or the job site staring at the problem they want you to fix… particularly if it’s deemed an emergency! So, customers and prospects alike need to be able navigate your website on their mobile or tablet quickly and easily.
- Click-to-call feature – this is all about ease of contact. Again, think of an emergency situation. When your prospects are looking for your tradie service now, a simple click-to-call-now feature saves them having to look for, or record your number… both of which are way to deter prospects towards going to another tradies’ website.
- Trustworthiness – Your website needs to instil trust in potential customers. After all, you or your staff will likely be entering their home. To instil trust, tradie websites need to display crucial trust-building information like licenses, customer testimonials and where possible examples, or before-and-after shots, of previous projects.
A Website that Promotes Your Unique Selling Proposition Professionally
When you appreciate that 75% of consumers will judge a company’s credibility based solely on their website design, then you can understand the importance of knowing what makes you different, and how to communicate and present that via a professionally designed tradie website.
What does ‘professional design’ look like? Think:
- Quality images – either stock photos or originals produced by a professional photographer
- Clean, well-written text – at Web-Sta our professional copywriting service ensures text is easy-to-read, informative and free from grammatical and spelling errors
- Simply, easy to navigate design – potential customers should be able to intuitively navigate your site and enjoy the experience!
Be A Hassle Free Build Process, So You Can Keep Building Your Business
We recognised that our tradie Clients are often the most busy. You can’t afford to be bogged down writing website wording, picking photos and trying to work out what your website should look like, nor is it likely you want to either. That’s why a streamlined web design process is so important. You’ll be up online much sooner.
Creating the best tradie websites involves careful planning and know how. If you want to grow your business, you need a professional, easy-to-use website which builds trust and makes you look good.
See some of our best tradie websites.