What is website hosting, and do I need it? As the world evolves, technology and the internet are making rapid advances. Websites now require a steady stream of maintenance to ensure they remain functional and secure. Fully managed website hosting will take care of this for you. In this blog, we discuss the following aspects of:
- How the evolution of technology is changing business
- Should you DIY your website hosting?
- What to do if fully managed hosting is right for you
Business & the Internet | A Constant Platform of Change
To the average bystander, computers are complex and mysterious entities. Especially when it comes to the internet, and software. In the ‘good old days’, running a successful business was independent of these things – particularly the internet. Nobody had to worry about things like software updates and conflicts, website security, hosting space, and digital deterioration. Yet.
But in today’s digital world, to be without an online presence is akin to suffocating your business at birth. To further complicate matters, there’s now a difference between getting your site live and hosted, and receiving the invaluable insurance that comes with fully managed hosting
When it comes to small and medium businesses, there’s a common attitude that says the owner / operator should be able to do it all. Especially with the DIY rise to fame that has swept our media rooms and mobile devices in the past decade. We’ve gone from retiling a room, to replacing a kitchen, to being able to build your own home… in no time at all. However, unless you’re a tradesperson in one of the major areas of plumbing, electricity, carpentry or building, AND surrounded by mates who hold licenses in the others, you may want to think twice before tearing out any part of your home.
The same is true for building and maintaining a website, and navigating the constantly changing landscape of technology. This includes the security risks to your website, such as brute force attacks. Did you know that cybersecurity is one of the world’s fasted-growing industries? Just check out this article by World Finance about the Top 5 of the fastest-growing industries in the world. What you’ll notice is that every one of them is technology-advancement based!
If it’s Possible to DIY a Website, is it Possible to DIY My Managed Hosting Too?
Like home improvements, DIY website building platforms have become somewhat of a craze too. Yet, even for those who do manage to get a super simple website live in less than 6 months, they often reach out to a web design business because of the level of ongoing consideration that just didn’t hit their radar.
Initially, this includes working out how their site is going to rank in Google searches. Then it becomes about how the heck they should best manage the many software updates that their site will require in the months ahead. According to one of the world’s leading internet security companies, Symantec who produce Norton, “Software updates do a lot of things and offer plenty of benefits. “It’s all about revisions. These might include repairing security holes that have been discovered and fixing or removing computer bugs. Updates can add new features to your devices and remove outdated ones.”
Now, while it’s well and good to understand the reasons to invest in fully managed hosting, here’s why doing it is something else altogether.
The Challenges of Hosting
- Not all software is created equal // or with other developers in mind. This means conflicts occur that need to be identified and resolved.
- Cyber security is A BIG BUSINESS // and updates occur regularly and ongoing
- Other considerations that Fully Managed Hosting takes into account // the best way to explain this is to share Web-Sta’s current list of Fully Managed Hosting Inclusions:
- Backup of existing WordPress website files + transfer from current host to your new Fully Managed WordPress Hosting account
- Delegation of domain name to new server
- Addition of email settings (MX Records) // to ensure uninterrupted functionality of your email service
- 12 Months Fully Managed Wordpress Hosting (FMWH)
- Hosting account set-up
- Registration + assignment of an SSL Certificate
- Daily Backups
- FREE Rollback Service in case of software conflict errors
- 24/7 Security Monitoring
- 24/7 Performance Monitoring
- Google results tracking
- WordPress, Core + Plugin software updates
- Monthly Google Ranking + Analytics + FMWH Report
- Full Performance Review and Optimisation Pre + Post transfer // to reflect the improvements outlined and achieved
What to do if Fully Managed Hosting is for you?
If fully managed hosting sounds like the answer to your prayers, it’s time to make a move! Web-Sta Web Design + eMarketing offers WordPress Fully Managed Hosting for your security and peace of mind. With more than 12 years in the industry, we specialise in helping small and medium businesses achieve an effective online presence.
This includes the protection and optimisation of your most valuable digital asset – your website. We also offer web design, eMarketing, SEO marketing, and blogging services. For more information about how we can best assist you, call us today on 0415 142 178, or get in touch online.