Looking for easy-to-implement update tips + hacks to keep your website up to date?
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) + content marketing are known as key Google ranking factors. That’s why we’re here to share our 3 essential strategies, helping you better leverage your website, create content more effectively, and save time + money!
Our 3 Essential Tips on How to Save Time + Money On Updating Your Website Content are
- Batching / grouping content writing
- Scheduling + automating content
- Email autoresponder + database collection
Designing Your Website Content
Before we get into our tips, to really grow + scale your business, we recommend you start thinking [and writing down] the list of how your business offers value to your audience. This is a great way to come up with ideas on what to write about. In fact, we’d go as far as to say that many business owners miss this very critical point…
Just because you have a nice looking website, it’s accurate and easy to understand content that helps visitors can find you on Google. This is also what helps your website to convert them into quality leads.
One of the best ways you can leverage your time + money is to create, distribute + advertise your content. Not only can the SEO payoffs be HUGE, you can share the same content across a wide range of platforms including:
- Value-Add Blogs / Articles
- Engaging Social Media Posts
- Email Marketing
This means you reach an even larger audience by leveraging the same content more than once.
What’s interesting is that most of us don’t want to invest our Time and Money in designing a content strategy. Let alone creating any actual content. Let’s face it. Writing blogs, engaging on social media, and sending out eNewsletters can be incredibly time-consuming. It can also be perhaps a little boring and seem less important than more short-term activities.
This is why we are sharing our 3 essential tips to help you manage your website content creation more effectively!
Tip 1 | Batching Content
One of the best ways to save on time and money is to do something called “content batching”. This means that you don’t have to rush to create new content every time you need to post or send out your newsletter. Instead you schedule a block of time where you can write multiple articles, posts, emails or newsletters in one sitting or session.
You then have your content ready to go! It’ll be better thought out and not rushed. You may even theme your content for that timeframe based on any promotions or sales you have planned or any significant calendar events i.e. End of Financial Year.
For our social media posts, we generally sit down at the end of the month and write out what we plan to share with our audience each day. We then write and schedule this content for distribution via Facebook and LinkedIn at the start of each week/fortnight. Then we can set and forget it.
By batching or grouping your content creation you can:
- Save Time | by having a dedicated period you’ve scheduled just for writing or gathering content!
- Stress Less | no need to panic when you need to post… your content will be ready to go when you need it.
- Stay Consistent | offering valuable content consistently is key when it comes to growing + scaling your business.
- Boost Productivity | using the law of momentum… when you write all at once, momentum kicks in and you can get more done in a shorter period of time.
- Focus On Other Activities | particularly if you have someone else helping you with batching content, you can focus on other, more profitable activities in your business.
Tip 2 | Scheduling + Automating Content
Now that you have your content ready to go for the week or month ahead, it’s time to think about how you can make the process of publishing it easier for you.
There are plenty of scheduling and automation tools available that can help you achieve this, including Facebook’s built in Publisher Tools.
Here are a few reasons why we love to schedule and automate both our eNewsletters and social media campaigns:
- You can choose the ideal times when your audience is more likely to be online (even if you’re publishing it at 11pm)
- You can engage in other, more profitable business activities in the meantime
- You can schedule multiple blogs or posts at once. This means you won’t have to think about publishing content for weeks or even months at a time!
- You can schedule content while you’re out of the office or on holiday
- A consistent posting schedule = better engagement
Tip 3 | Email Autoresponder + Database Collection
At Web-Sta, from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast, we offer web design services that aim to create sites with a range of functionalities, based on the client’s unique needs. When we begin our design process, we always make sure to ask key questions, for example:
What Action do You Want Visitors to Take when they Visit Your Website?
Sometimes, there will be multiple actions that a visitor to your website can take, including;
- Giving you a call
- Joining your email database / mailing list
- Sending an enquiry
- Booking an appointment, and
- Buying online
The Benefit of an Email Database
One of the most important actions someone can take when visiting your website is to join your email mailing list. In fact, even if your main goal is to get visitor enquiries or calls, we always recommend having the functionality built into your website design to add people to your email mailing list.
Joining an email database is an easy first step that allows visitors to engage with your business and build trust over time. By providing valuable content, you demonstrate the value that your prospect can expect if they choose to become a paying customer.
Automated email marketing is one of the most powerful ways to engage and build trust, without spending much time or money. Yes, it does take some effort right initially to get your automated email database + marketing system up and running, but after that, it works almost 100% on autopilot.
Outsourcing Your Content Creation for the Ultimate Time + Money Saving
Let’s be honest – most of you reading this simply won’t have time, or the interest to sit down and write content. If you’re like many of our 100s of existing customers, your skills are likely to focus around your industry. The good news? We can write quality content for you.
We offer customised eMarketing packages to help you to action your content strategy. Whether it’s writing a batch of informative, value-driven blog articles, scheduling and automating content, or creating a well-tailored email marketing and eNewsletter campaign, we’ve got you covered. We even source images!