Creating A Gmail Signature
Courtesy of Kevin Stratvert, here’s an easy to follow step-by-step tutorial on how to add / edit your email signature in Gmail. This applies to both free and paid Gmail accounts and seriously takes minutes! For those who prefer the written steps, scroll below 😉
You can put up to 10,000 characters in your signature.
Step by step guide to adding a Gmail signature:
1. Open your existing Gmail account so you can see the inbox
2. In the top right, click the cog icon and then “See All Settings”.
3. Scroll down to the “Signature” section and select “My Signature” if one isn’t already set-up. Add your signature text in the box. If you want, you can format your message by adding an image or changing the text style.
5. Scroll down a fraction to the “Signature defaults” section and assign ‘My Signature’ to your first email address. Just do this for 1 email address at a time.
6. At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
7. Repeat these steps 5-6 for each subsequent email address you manage in this inbox, remembering to Save Changes after assigning your signature to each address.
8. Once done, click “+ Compose” (top left) in your inbox view and you should see your new signature appear.
We love chatting with business owners about ways to promote themselves online.
Share your details in the form and we’ll give you a free call, guiding you to make the most out of your online presence.