We’ve Got A’s
FAQ covering domains to getting started!
Also known as a website address or URL, your Domain Name is the www. address people type in to go directly to your website. Some popular domain name endings include .com.au, .com, .net, .online and .org.
Website Hosting is essentially the service that stores your website files.
When someone visits your website, the files (words, images, links, videos…) need to ‘live’ somewhere. This is called a Hosting Server and can be located anywhere in the world. This server needs to be switched on 24/7 so that your website files are always accessible.
We offer a Fully Managed Website Hosting service which includes your website storage as well as the many daily and weekly activities required to keep your average website backed up, kept up to date and safe.
We cater to a wide range of industries ranging from retail and trades through to catering and wellness.
The key to designing a quality website is research. Because we write all of your website content, we garner specific information from you, and, we back that up with extensive research on both your industry and Google search. Essentially, we ask the question “what are people typing into Google and how can we incorporate that into your website content?”
Getting a website built takes more than just setting up some hosting + adding some content to a page. Our website creation process covers the following preliminary stages to get your website started:
- Client consultation
- Strategic planning and research
- Layout and design
- Content creation
- Hosting and software infrastructure set-up
- Website build, customisation and automation
- Customised Content Marketing campaign
All websites are subject to malware, spam, viruses, hacking and other cyber attacks. To protect the safety of your site and sensitive information, it is important that you:
- Ensure your administration login details are kept private and confidential; and
- Perform regular safety and security updates to combat spam and computer viruses
For optimal website security, enjoy peace of mind with our Fully Managed Website Hosting [FMWH] service. We include an SSL Certificate amongst other safety precautions to keep your website as secure as possible.
Yes, cyber attacks such as a Brute Force Attack are a very real issue. A Brute Force Attack is a hostile attempt to gain access to user accounts, and can cause the following problems:
- Slow page load speed which will cause visitors to leave your website in frustration and, if left too long can negatively impact your Google rank
- Compromised data including customer details, a serious breach of privacy
- Unauthorised access to social media accounts, payment platforms, Google tracking – your website is likely tapped into several eMarketing tools that you would prefer to keep
- Access to Website’s core files can lead to malicious code being installed, a crashed website, error messages that redirects to a completely different website. All of which can be lengthy and costly issues to resolve.
Unfortunately, there is no generic answer. The cost of your website services will depend on a variety of factors, such as:
- The desired scalability of your business
- The size of your website
- User navigation + functionality
- Website automation
- Brand assets
- New build or revival
It also depends on the scope of work (from the simple to the scientific) that your need.
This will depend on the time it takes us to become familiar with you and your business, and your objectives. We do this during a complimentary, no-obligation discovery session, followed by independent research. We then present a timeline for the estimated time of completion for the project.
Normally, we look to complete web design projects within a 6 week period, however this varies depending on the size and scope of the project, and also depends on the speed of which our clients review + approve each stage.
Foundation websites can be quicker, and comprehensive website builds may take longer.
If my team and I build your website, then YES! Once live and paid for, your website, domain name and any images purchased by us are all yours. The only thing that we’re unable to hand over is any Developer Level Plugin licences. This just means that if you needed to move your website to a new provider for any reason, you would need new licences to ensure you have access to their latest updates.
In 14+ years, I’m yet to meet a business that couldn’t benefit from a website, even just a small one.
Yes! We love, use and trust Google Workspace for your business emails. It’s like the free Gmail, however it allows us to create an email address that looks a little like this:
We take care of the full set-up including multiple email aliases, your email signature and your billing.
Google charges a small each each month (under AUD $10) to take care of your emails on one of the most reliable email platforms around.
Yes! In fact, we highly encourage our clients to regularly take the time to review and update your website content and ensure that it continues to be an accurate reflection of your current business.
Not sure where to start? It’s easy! In addition to the endless tutorials available online, Web-Sta TechHUB provides quick and easy access to a pool of informative learning resources, including step-by-step instructions + video tutorials to help you navigate your website.
If you have an existing WordPress website, then yes! Depending on the extend of your website edit needs, we can offer just simple website edits through to a full WordPress website redesign to ensure your existing website not only looks great, but it also meets today’s mobile responsive standards.
We offer a range of monthly website edit and SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) subscriptions available. Perfect if you have a need for regular website edits and don’t have the time to do these yourself.
If you are an existing Web-Sta customer, we’ll help manage the transition of your website ownership, logins and account access during this process.
First of all, you need to gather all of the required website related login details for the following:
- Domain Name password – so it can be transferred
- Website Hosting
- Email logins
- WordPress Dashboard logins, if it’s a WordPress website
- Any existing Google accounts including Gmail / GSuite accounts
- Online directory logins e.g. Yellow pages, Truelocal, Google My Business Map listing
You can either stay with the existing web designer, ensuring they change the legal ownership of the domain name into your ABN, or you can then approach a web design company like us to take it over.
You would be dealing direct with Web-Sta Founder and owner, Karen Ahl.
Supported by her small team, Karen manages your project from start to finish and is your go-to for all questions, brain storming and training.
Yes! We offer 2 main avenues of training.
- For Website Training material, you have 24/7 access to our TechHUB
- 1-on-1. As a Web-Sta client, we offer personalised training services as required.