Are you making the most of your website? The internet is an ocean of information, so how do you make sure that your website is being seen and heard by your target audience? Keep reading as we share our 3 key website marketing strategies!
- Search Engine Optimisation or SEO Marketing
- Email Marketing
Why Does My Website Need Marketing Strategies?
When it comes to local businesses, having a quality website that is both visually attractive and informative is an important step towards sharing what you do and how you do it with your potential customers. Here’s the thing though, it’s not the only step!
Next is to have an action plan to get your website seen + heard by the right audience online. Unlike a physical shop front, a website has no shiny sign that flashes “OPEN”. That’s why you need a tailored website marketing strategies to let customers know you’re open for business.
Strategy No. 1 | SEO Marketing
While most businesses have likely heard about the power of SEO when it comes to website marketing, few understand what this actually entails.
SEO uses keywords to connect with your target audience through Google. Having targeted and effective SEO marketing strategies for your website requires a great deal of research, and must be executed over a consistent time period.
However, don’t let this daunt you! When an SEO marketing campaign is done well, it pays incredible dividends to your business!
Here’s how it works in a nutshell:
- Your prospective clients search for a keyword search phrase on Google, usually related to a problem they have, or a solution they’re looking for.
- If your business has content that’s optimised to the same key phrase, your website will appear on your prospective clients’ search results.
- Now, these prospective clients have the opportunity to click on your website, contact you, join your email database, or engage with you!
Strategy No. 2 | Blogging
Another powerful and often undervalued tool, blogging is an effective addition to your website marketing strategies.
Blogging on a variety of topics that are of interest to your audience is a great way to consistently engage with prospective and existing clients. It keeps them up-to-date with what you do and how you can help them.
The main purpose of a successful blog is to provide value to your audience, such as potential solutions and information relating to a problem they face. When your audience has the opportunity to gain value from your website content, they’re more likely to engage with your business or a service you provide, becoming a long-term loyal client in the process!
When you’re familiar with the way that Google ranks content, blogs (and other material) can be further leveraged by applying various search techniques – for example, incorporating SEO key search phrases in the material as part of your website marketing strategies.
What are the Key Benefits of Blogging?
- Boost Search Engine Optimisation
- Enhance / develop relationships with existing + potential customers
- Establish your business as an industry leader
- Connect people to your brand
- Create opportunities for article sharing
Strategy No. 3 | Email Marketing
After SEO optimisation and blogging, email marketing creates the perfect trifecta to complete your website marketing strategies. Email marketing generally comes into play once your prospective customer has visited your website, and has decided that your content is valuable to them.
Through consistent eMarketing and newsletters, you can provide value directly to people who have subscribed to your email list including existing customers. It’s a great way to keep in touch, and can be used to:
- Offer product sales + special deals
- Share news + developments about your business
- Let them know about new / upcoming products
- Provide interesting + relevant information about your industry
- And so much more…
Website Marketing Strategies | How Do I Get Started?
While it can seem like a lot to get your head around at first, targeted marketing strategies will help put your business on the map – not to mention, the benefits of SEO marketing, blogging, and email marketing are simply too good to ignore!